After a visit to my favourite coffee shop in Winchester, I decided it was time I got round to making a chocolate brownie recipe. I like brownies with nuts involved, and therefore a recipe based with a nut butter made most sense to me! Here’s my recipe:
Makes: 8 brownies Time: 20 minutes
1/3 cup of coco powder (unsweetened)
1 small jar of merdiands almond butter
1/2 cup of agave
1/2 cup of oats
1 1/2 tsb bicarbonate of soda
a handful of pecan’s and walnuts to decorate
- Turn oven on to 170 degrees fan
- Line a deep baking tray (I used a small loaf tin) with grease proof paper.
- Blend the oats until they make a flour
- Add in all ingredients except the pecan’s and walnuts
- Mix well until combined
- Pour in to the baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Take out and add the nuts to the top, lightly pressing them into the brownies.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tin.