For a long time i have been trying to find a gluten free cupcake recipe that my non-gf friends will enjoy as well. Desirably these would be refined sugar free as well, but one step at a time – i will keep developing this recipe till they are. These cupcakes are light and fluffy, and the entire trick is the extra raising agent added the self raising gluten free flour.
Makes: 12 cupcakes (muffin tin size) Baking length: 20 minutes
110g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (I like Dove’s Farm – can pick up from the supermarket)
110g Unsalted Butter
110g Caster Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
(semi-skimmed milk to loosen the mixture)
- Line a 12-muffin cake tin with cake cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
- Melt the butter in the microwave/ or on the hob.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla Extract, Eggs to the butter/sugar mixture (Make sure the butter is not warm anymore, so that the egg does not curdle).
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add milk to the mixture to loosen the mixture to a dropping consistency.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle).
- Once cooked leave to cool in the tins.
- Add any icing/ toping of your choice.