This is one of those recipes that I made up on the spot. On Sunday we had organised to have a nut roast, but what’s a roast without a crumble for dessert? The only fruit we had in was Banana and Blueberries. This crumble is moist and sweet – and went down well with my partner and friend! I hope you enjoy it too!
Recipe serves: 4 Prep time: 10 mins Baking Time: 30 mins
- 2 Banana’s
- 250g Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Oats
- 1 cup of Ground Almonds
- 3 heaped tbsp of Butter
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Fan.
- Mash the two banana’s, till relatively smooth.
- Mix in the blueberries and honey. Pour into a crumble dish my dish was roughly 20cm x 15cm.
- To make the crumble topping lightly heat the butter honey and cinnamon on the hob until the butter is melted.
- Pour the oats and ground almonds into a bowl, and the liquid mixture and stir. This should form a crumbly topping.
- Pour on top of the fruit in the crumble dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and you can see the fruit bubbling round the edge.
- Serve with custard, ice cream or whatever you fancy!
This is the perfect homey crumble. It feels the same warmth and sweetness as that of any other crumble. But it’s gluten free, refined sugar free and refined vegetable oil free! Hope you enjoy!