I constantly post pictures of my cooking creations on my Instagram, and I have been told by friends and family that it is about time I started sharing my recipes with other people. These cookies I have been working on an adaption of Cookie and Kate’s recipe for a while. These are gluten free, refined sugar free and refined vegetable oil free. Here is my recipe and I hope you like it 🙂
Recipe makes: 18 cookies Prep time: 5 mins Baking Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup of Honey
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter (a 100% peanuts one – e.g Meridians)
- 1 Banana
- 4 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 cups of Oats
- Turn the oven on to 160 degrees Fan. And lightly grease two baking trays with olive oil. I find the best way to do this is by putting olive oil on a piece of kitchen paper and then wipe the paper over the tray.
- Measure out the peanut butter and honey. A tip I learnt from Cookie and Kate is put the honey first in the measuring cup, then add the peanut butter up to the 1 cup line. Add this to a bowl, with the banana. Mash the banana with a fork into the peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Once relatively smooth. Whisk in the egg.
- Melt 4tbsp of coconut oil and add to the mixture. Stir the mixture together with the vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour in the ground almonds and stir – should be a sticky mixture.
- Add the oats, and the pecans. Again stir this in to the mixture. If the mixture looks too wet add extra oats to it.
- Spoon about a table spoon of mixture onto the tray. Press it slightly with the spoon to make a cookie shape. Repeat 18 times.
- Put in the oven, preferably on the same shelf – if not rotate half way through. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to firm on the top.
- Leave to cool on cooling racks – they will firm up more during cooling time. Then enjoy with a cup of tea.
I hope you like this recipe! I certainly do!